Quick update: I’m finishing up some writing work I’ll be submitting to lit agents in the coming months, but in the meantime — I just wanted to give a shout-out to a wonderful place I’ve been working at.
If you’re looking for an inspiring and conducive environment to write / create / make / startup / incubate ideas in Los Angeles (or Denver), I highly recommend the locations of CTRL Collective. They don’t see themselves as a “co-working” space (per se) — instead they’re more of a “super collider” of innovation. Regardless of how they’re classified (read this next part to the tune of “Sound of Music”) — these are a few of my favorite thingsssss:
- The decor is contemporary and modern with a touch of flair (think wood and metal meet chandelier and neon).
- Perhaps my favorite elements are the sound-proof booths where I hold timed writing-sprints.
- There are plenty of meeting rooms and a beautiful “create” lab that you can reserve for group endeavors like photo shoots, etc.
- Locally-sourced coffee always hot and on-tap.
- Dogs galore (at least in the Pasadena location); for me this is awesome because I don’t have a pup of my own, but I get to pet the beauties in between my writing stints.
- Great locations near major public transit systems.
- With your membership, you get access to the facilities 24 / 7 with your keycard.
- Friendly staff!
So again — if you’re in L.A. or Denver and looking for a place to break out your next big project — check these guys out!